In this paper, we have presented some components of a designed terawatt femtosecond laser system with the repetition rate 1 kHz. The system consists of pump and amplification channels which are optically synchronized. The amplification and pump channels are based on parametric amplification in LBO crystal and diode-pumped Yb3+-doped laser media at 77°K, respectively. In the pump channel pulses of picoseconds duration are generated. These pulses pump the non-linear crystal of the parametric amplifier. The system is based on the chirped-pulse amplification technique. For the pump channel, parameters and alignments of the holographic gratings-based stretcher compressor system are determined. The Yb:Y2O3 ceramics multipass amplifier operating at 77°K diode-pumped by 1 kW was developed. The data can be used in the development of cryogenic multistage femtosecond laser systems working with high a repetition rate in the kilohertz regime.
femtosecond pulses, cryogenic temperature, laser diode pumping, multipass amplifier, stretcher–compressor
1. Akhmanov S.A., Khokhlov R.V. Concerning one possibility of amplification of light waves // Sov. Phys. JETP. 1963. V. 16. P. 252–257.
2. Strickland D., Mourou G. Compression of optical pulses // Opt. Commun. 1985. V. 56, N 3. P. 219–221.
3. Petrov V.V., Pestryakov E.V., Trunov V.I., Kirpichnikov A.V., Merzliakov M.A., Laptev A.V. Development of cryogenic diode-pumped Yb-doped ceramic laser system // Atmos. Ocean. Opt. 2012. V. 25, N 3. P. 285–291.
4. Fiorini C., Sauteret C., Rouyer C. Temporal aberrations due to misalignment of a stretcher-compressor and compensation // IEEE J. Quantum. Electron. 1994. V. 30, N 7. P. 1662–1670.
5. Koechner W., Bass M. Solid state lasers: a graduate text. Springer, 2003. P. 121.