The paper presents the results of the experimental investigation of the influence of the correlation between the direct and reflected beam fields in the location scheme of radiation propagation through the random inhomogeneous media on the variance of image jitter. The "self-cancellation" effect in the case of radiation reflection from a 90° prism and fluctuation amplification effect in the case of radiation reflection from a plane mirror are shown to be dependent on the spacing between the beams axes.
1. A.G. Vinogradov, Yu.A. Kravtsov, and V.I. Tatarskii, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Ser. Radiofiz., No. 7, 16 (1973).
2. Yu.A. Kravtsov and A.I. Saichev, Usp. Fiz. Nauk, No. 3, 137 (1982).
3. I.N. Matveev, A.N. Safronov, I.N. Troitskii et al., Adaptation in the Information Optical Systems, Ed. by N.D. Ustinov (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1984).
4. A.K. Majumdar and H. Gamo, Appl. Opt., No. 12, 21 (1982).
5. V.P. Aksenov, V.A. Banakh, and B.N. Chen, Opt. Spectrosk., No. 5, 56 (1984).
6. A.S. Gurvich, A.I. Kоn, V.L. Mironov, and S.S. Khmelevtsov, Laser Radiation in Turbulent Atmosphere (Nauka, Moscow, 1976).
7. V.L. Mironov and V.V. Nosov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Ser. Radiofiz., No. 10, 20 (1977).
8. V.P. Lukin, V.M. Sazanovich, and S.M. Slobodyan, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Ser. Radiofiz., No. 6, 23 (1980).
9. V.P. Lukin and V.M. Sazanovich, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Atmos. i Okeana, No. 11, 24 (1978).
10. I.N. Pustynskii and S.M. Slobodyan, Ranging Dissector Systems (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1984).
11. A.S. Monin and A.M. Yaglom, Statistical Hydromechanics, Part I (Nauka, Moscow, 1965).