Numerical analysis of errors is made in the paper in restoration of the oceanic surface temperature from the data of remote IR sensing at two angles near the nadir caused by the statistical variability of the temperature and humidity profiles of the atmosphere. The estimation of optimal coefficients and relevant errors in the temperature of the ocean surface determined using a linear algorithm of correction for the atmosphere are obtained in the paper for different regions of the Northern hemisphere in the black surface approximation and for clear cloudless atmosphere. The estimations showed strong variability of these quantities. The influence of errors of the radiation intensity measurements is also studied in the paper.
1. P.M. Saunders, J. Geophys. Res. 72 No. 16, (1967).
2. L.M. McMillin, J Geophys. Res. 80, No. 36, P. 5113 (1975).
3. M.S. Malkevich and A.K. Gorodetsky, Issled. zemli iz kosmosa, No. 5, 30 (1985).
4. A.K. Gorodetsky, Issled. zemli iz kosmosa, No. 5, 83 (1985).
5. V.P. Vlasov and A.B. Karasev, Issled. zemli iz kosmosa, No. 6, 59 (1985).
6. A.I. Chavro, Issled. zemli iz kosmosa, No. 5, 15 (1985).
7. K.Ya. Kondrat’ev and Yu.M. Timofeev, Thermal Sounding of the Atmosphere from Satellites (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1970).
8. I. Aoki, S. Nakajima, and K. Kato, J. Meteor. Soc. of Japan, 60, No. 6, 1238 (1982).
9. Handbook of Statistical Characteristics of Temperature and Moisture Fields in the Atmosphere. Local Models of the Atmosphere, Part 4, Ed. by V.S. Komarov, 87 (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1970).
10. R.E. Roberts, J.E.A. Selby, and L.M. Biberman, Appl. Opt. 15, No. 9, P. 2085 (1976).
11. Kuo Nan Liou, Basic Features of the Radiation Processes in the Atmosphere, Translation from English, Ed. by K.Ya. Kondrat’ev, 376 (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1984).
12. R.M. Goody, Atmospheric Radiation. I. Theoretical Basis, 436 (Oxford, 1964).
13. F.X. Kneizys, E.P. Shettle et al., Atmospheric Transmittance/Radiance: Computer Code LOWTRAN 5. -AFGL-TR-80-0067, Env. Res. Pap. No. 697, 233 (1980).