The International Seminar on Space and Environment organized under the sponsorship of the French Government, was held in Paris from 22 to 23 June, 1990. Its main task was the discussion of prospects for realization of international and national programs on application of the spaceborne means of exploring the global environment and biosphere. The Seminar Chairman was the director of the National Space Research Center J.–L. Lions*; among the participants there were the Minister of Science and Technology Kuriene and the Minister of Communication and Cosmos P. Quilles. The similar problems were the major part of scientific program of the COSPAR Congress held in Hague from June 25 to July 5, 1990. Among the diverse problems of space ecology the most important remain, as before, the investigations of global climate and its changes.
1. V.G. Gorshkov and K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, Vestn. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 10, 62–70 (1988).
2. V.G. Gorshkov and K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, Ekologiya, No. 1, 7–17 (1990).
3. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, Issled. Zemli iz Kosmosa, No. 4, 104–118 (1987).
4. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, Global Climate and its Changes (Nauka, Moscow, 1988).
5. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev and O.M. Pokrovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geograph., No. 1, 20–27 (1989).
6. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, Issled. Zemli iz Kosmosa, No. 1, 3–13 (1990).
7. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, The Planet Mars (Gidrometeizdat, Leningrad, 1990).
8. K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, V.V. Kozoderov, A.G. Topchiev, and P.P. Fedchenko, Biosphere: Methods and Results of Remote Sensing (Nauka, Moscow, 1990).
9. G.I. Marchuk, K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, V.V. Kozoderov, and V.I. Khvost'yanov, Clouds and Climate (Gidrometeizdat, Leningrad, 1986).
10. G.I. Marchuk, K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, and V.V. Kozoderov, The Earth's Radiation Budget: Key Aspects (Nauka, Moscow, 1988).
11. G.I. Marchuk, K.Ya. Kondrat'ev, V.V. Kozoderov, S.S. Lappo, A.S. Sarkisyan, and V.I. Khvorost'yanov, in: Advances in Science and Technology. Atmosphere–Ocean–Space–Razrezy Programme, (VINITI, Moscow, 1989) No. 1, pp. 1–240, No. 2, pp. 1–368.
12. Program of Biospheric and Ecological Investigations of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Vest. Akad. Nauk USSR, No. 11, 1–160 (1988).
13. Scientific Assessment of Climate Change. Executive Summary, Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), May 25, 1990, 3 pp.
14. J.J. McCarthy, The International Geosphere–Biosphere Programme (IGBP). Paper presented at the Seminar on Space and Global Environment, Paris, June 22–23, 1990, 8 pp.
15. J. Mika and Rimoczi–Paal, Atmos. Res. 21, 323–335 (1988).
16. Earth Observing System. Nasa 1990 Goddard Space Flight Center Reference Handbook, Washington D.C., 1990, 153 pp.
17. P.H. Raven, The Global Ecosystem in Crisis, MacArthur Foundation Occassional Paper, Chicago, 1987, 24 pp.
18. A Study Of Global Change. The International Geosphere–Biosphere Programme (IGBP), IGBP Report No. 4, 1988, 200 pp.