The problem on energy transfer from vibrationally excited molecules to the atmospheric-aerosol particles is studied. The ratio of the energy transferred from the molecules to the energy absorbed by the aerosol particles itself is estimated. The results of the estimates and preliminary experiments, which indicate that such exchange can exist under the real atmospheric conditions, are discussed.
1. V.E. Zuev and М.V. Kabanov, Optics of Atmospheric Aerosol, Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1987).
2. B.G. Ageev, Yu.N. Ponomarev, and B.A. Tikhomirov, Nonlinear Optoacoust Spectroscopy of Atmospheric Gases, Nauka, Novosibirsk (1987).
3. V.N. Arefiev, Kvant. Electron. 12, No.3, 631 (1985).
4. M.V. Kabanov, М.V. Panchenko, Yu.A. Pkhalagov, et al., Optical Properties of Coastal Atmospheric Hazes, Nauka, Novosibirsk (1988).
5. B.G. Ageev, A.B. Antipov, A.M. Kabanov, et al., in: Abstracts of Reports at the All-Union Symposium on Photochemical Processes in the Earth’s Atmosphere, The Institute of Chemical Physics Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1987).