A method is proposed for determining the error in the estimate of the event flux intensitywhen a signal is accumulated from realizations in the photon-counting mode. The experimentally obtained dependence of the relative error in the estimate the accumulation level is explained theoretically.
1. I.A. Malevich, Yu.I. Postoyanov, and A.F. Chernyavskii, Avtometriya No. 5, 72–75 (1974).
2. V.V. Danilevich, A.G. Zen’kovich, E.V. Novikov, V.I. Tret’yak, and V.A. Chudnovskii, ibid. p. 235.
3. A.I. Ivanov and N.A. Shukh, Abstracts of Reports at the 14th All-Union Scientific and Technical Conference on Photometry and its Metrological Provision, All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Optical and Physical Measurements, Moscow (1982), p. 97.
4. J. Taylor, Introduction to the Theory of Errors [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1985), 272 pp.
5. A.I. Nadeev and K.D. Shelevoi, "C-4T photon counting system for laser sounding of the atmosphere", VINITI. No. 6950-84, October 29, (1984), 21 pp.