The paper deals with influence of the absorption line center shift with air pressure on time shape and energy of the Gaussian shape coherent optical pulses at the resonance absorption their of on vertical atmospheric path. The calculation is brought about for an H2O line with λ= 0,69438 μm. The influence of the absorption line center shift on the vertical atmospheric path has been shown to essentially depend upon both the ratio of the pulse spectrum width to the absorption line width and upon the detuning value of the pulse frequency from the resonance.
1. L. Allen and J. Eberly Optical Resonance and Two-Level Atoms (Wiley, New York, 1975).
2. Yu.V. Kistenev and Yu.N. Ponomarev Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fizika, No. 8, 21 (1987).
3. M.V. Kabanov, Yu.V. Kistenev and Yu.N. Ponomarev in: Proc. of the All-Union Symposium on Laser and Acoustic Sounding of the Atmosphere, Tomsk, Vol. 1, 434 (1987).
4. M.V. Kabanov, Yu.V. Kistenev and Yu.N. Ponomarev, Optika Atmosfery 2, No. 2, 173 (1989)
5. V.V. Zuev, Yu.N. Ponomarev, A.M. Solodov, et al., Optics Letters 10, 318 (1985).