Formulas are derived for the population of the upper vibrational state of a molecule excited by a square pulse of linearly or circularly polarized laser radiation that is in resonance with a definite vibrational-rotational transition. Numerical calculations of the behavior of the shape, half-width, and maximum absorption of the line contour as a function of the intensity, width, and polarization of the radiation pulse in models with strong collisions which deorient the molecule and in the absence of deorientation were performed. The qualitative features of the nonstationary saturated absorption are compared with existing experimental facts.
1. V.P. Kochanov and V.P. Lopasov, in: Spectral Manifestations of Intermolecular Interactions in Gases, Yu.S. Makushkin, ed. (Nauka, Novosibirsk. 1982), pp. 142–172.
2. B.G. Ageev, Yu.N. Ponomarev, and В.A. Tikhomirov, Nonlinear Optoacoustic Spectroscopy of Molecular Cases (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1987), 128 pp.
3. V.S. Letokhov and A.A. Makarov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 63, No. 6 (12), 2064–2076 (1972).
4. V.S. Letokhov, A.A. Makarov, and E.A. Ryabov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 212, No. 1, 75–78 (1973).
5. V.F. Papulovskiĭ, Opt. Spectros. 37, No. 2, 246–249 (1974).
6. V.P. Kochanov, Opt. Atm. 3, No. 9, 988 (1990).
7. B.A. Zon and B.G. Katsnel’son, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 69, No. 4, 1166–1178 (1975).
8. R.Z. Vitlina and A.V. Chaplik, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 70, No. 6, 2127–2132 (1976).
9. A.M. Shalagin, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 30, No. 6, 330–333 (1979).
10. V.A. Alekseev and A.V. Malyungin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 74, No. 3, 911–923 (1978).
11. K.A. Nasyrov and A.M. Shalagin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 83, No. 5 (11), 1685–1697 (1982).
12. V.P. Lopasov, Yu.N. Ponomarev, and B.A. Tikhomirov, Kvant, Elektron. 9, No. 8, 1724–1727 (1982).
13. V.P. Zharov, Optoacoustic method in laser spectroscopy in: New Methods in Spectroscopy (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1982) pp. 126–202.
14. V.P. Zharov and V.S. Letokhov, Laser Optoacoustic Spectroscopy (Nauka, Moscow, 1984), 320 pp.
15. A.B. Antipov, V.A. Kapitanov, Yu.N. Ponomarev, and V.A. Sapozhnikova, Optoacoustic Method in Laser Spectroscopy of Molecular Gases (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984), 128 pp.
16. I.N. Knyazev and A.A. Sarkisyan, in: Reports at the 7th Vavilov Conference on Nonlinear Optics Novosibirsk, July 26–28, 1984.
17. A.A. Sarkisyan, Candidate’s Dissertation in Physical-Mathematical Sciences, Institute of Spectroscopy, Academy of Sciences, Moscow oblast’, Troitsk, 1988.
18. V.P. Kochanov, V.P. Lopasov, Yu.N. Ponomarev, and B.A. Tikhomirov, in: Abstracts of Reports at the 4th All-Union Conference on High and Superhigh Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy, Institute of Atmospheric Optics, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Tomsk (1978), pp. 212–215.
19. I.S. Tyryshkin, Author’s Abstract of Candidates Dissertation in Physical-Mathematical Sciences the Institute of Atmospheric Optics, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Tomsk, 1983.
20. H.E. Bass, R.G. Keeton, and Williams, J. Acoust. Soc. Amer. 60, No. 9, 74–77 (1976).