A statistical theory of the transfer of an optical image through the earth's atmosphere is developed. The distribution functions of the following characteristics are found: the brightness of atmospheric haze, the optical transfer functions, and the brightness of radiation reflected by the groundt-tatmosphere system.
1. E.P. Zege, A.P. Ivanov, and I.L. Katsev, Image Transfer in Scattering Media (Nauka Tekhnika, Minsk, 1985), 327 pp.
2. Image Transfer in the Earth’s Atmosphere, Tomsk Affiliate of the Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (1988), 148 pp.
3. M.S. Malkevich, Optical Investigations of the Atmosphere from Satellites (Nauka, Moscow, 1973), 303 pp.
4. G.M. Krekov, S.I. Kavkyanov, and M.M. Krekova, Interpretation the Atmospheric Optical Sounding Signals (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1987), 185 pp.
5. A.N. Valentyuk and E.V. Pekhtereva, J. Appl. Spectrosc. 48, No. 5, 738 (1988).
6. A.N. Valentyuk, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Atmos, i Okeana 23, No. 8, 839 (1987).
7. A.N. Valentyuk, Atm. Opt. 2, No. 1, 80 (1989).