A numerical implementation of an algorithm for reconstructing a phase front in the form of an expansion in a system of orthogonal polynomials from the results of measurements of the partial derivatives of the phase front at the points of the aperture of a Hartman sensor is proposed. An example of the implementation of the algorithm using for the orthogonal basis Zernike polynomials in a Cartesian coordinate system is given.
1. M.P. Rimmer, Appl. Optics 13, No. 3, 623 (1974).
2. M. Yellin, IOSA 65, No. 2, 271 (1975).
3. N.D. Ustinov, M.N. Matveev, and V.V. Protopopov, Methods for Processing of Optical Fields in Laser Sensing [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983), 272 pp.
4. E.A. Vitrichenko, ed., Adaptive Optics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1980), 456 pp.
5. M.A. Vorontsov, A.V. Kudryashov, V.V. Samarkin, et al., Opt. Atm. 1, No. 6, 118–120 (1988).
6. A.F. Nikiforov and V.V. Uvarov, Foundations of the Theory of Special Functions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974), 303 pp.